Valentine’s Day, especially for the kiddos, doesn’t need to be difficult or expensive. It can be as easy as the usual things with hearts involved. Pancakes, sandwiches, tortillas, cookies, all kinds of things can be cut into heart shapes to make them special.
For a simple Valentine’s breakfast, a heart shaped toad-in-the-hole is a great idea.
- Preheat a large skillet to a high heat.
- With a heart shaped cutter remove centers from bread. Butter slices on one side only.
- Grill bread until lightly toasted.
- Crack an egg into each bread hole (be careful not to break the yolk).
- Cook until eggs are cooked to your desired consistency.
Also, sugar cookies are very simple. You probably have all the ingredients in your kitchen for Lala’s Sugar Cookies. Just cut into heart, sprinkle a little red or pink sugar on, bake & enjoy! You can even let the little ones help you for a homemade gift.
What is your idea for a simple, inexpensive way to celebrate Valentine’s Day? We’d like to reward you with our first ever giveaway! We have a set of Wilton Valentine’s Day cookie cutters to give away to one reader. Just leave a comment with your idea, and we’ll randomly pick 1 winner. Contest ends Friday at 11 pm central/midnight eastern. We’ll email the winner for their address.
Disclaimer: Wilton has no idea who we are and did not provide us anything. We bought this product on our own to share with our readers.